Hot weather often means finding relief in the water. Whether it’s the ocean, pool or lake, follow these tips for a fun and healthy summer!
- Never swim alone. Always enjoy the water with a buddy.
- When boating always wear a life jacket! Don’t rely on life jackets alone. Make sure everyone knows how to swim.
- Make sure children are always supervised by another adult – even with life guards present.
- Stay away from pipes or drains.
- Ensure that everyone stays hydrated and continues reapplying sunscreen.
- If you have a pool at home make sure it is protected by at least a 4 foot fence, keep furniture and toys away from the pool.
- For an additional precaution – become certified in CPR through your local hospitals or Red Cross.