Memorial Day marks the unofficial start of summer and now is the time to enjoy your outdoor space! No matter how large or small, the following tips can help you build a usable entertainment space for those warm summer nights.
1. Create a focal point in your outdoor space. This may be a table and chairs, fire pit or water feature. Choose a focal point to build your space around.
2. Provide ample seating for guests. This may be in chairs, benches or porch swings!
3. Add touches of color from potted plants, outdoor rugs or accent decorations.
4. If you plan on using your outdoor space for dining, have easy access to the indoors for back and forth to the kitchen. Have table space and counter space for serving ware and dishes.
5. Think about lighting. Take advantage of the cooler evenings with the right lighting - string lights, lanterns or torches. Candles to keep bugs away is another big plus!
If you don't have a large outdoor space - don't let this get you down! You can make the space feel larger by utilizing your whole yard in different areas for different reasons. There can be a space for dining, a space for games and a space for lounging.
For great ideas check out the following websites: