Owning a home begins when you sign the papers at closing – and never ends. There is always work to do and projects to tackle. This sort of personalization is what makes home ownership so much fun! You get to make your home your own. You just need the right tools to do it.
So whether you consider yourself a regular handyman or you know just enough to be dangerous, here are some tools that every homeowner needs to have in their toolbox.
- Ladder: For those hard to reach places, light bulb changes and paint jobs
- Drill and Drill Bits: A must have for most home improvement projects
- Tape Measure: Know how big the room is before you buy that new sofa
- Level: Hang pictures just right!
- Screwdrivers: For all types of DIY furniture projects or new purchases
- Stud Finder: Hanging a heavy piece of art? This is a must have.
- Extension Cord: Don’t get caught trying to work without one.
- Utility Knife: Open and breakdown boxes.
- Misc Hardware: Get yourself an assortment of nails and screws.
Of course there are other tools you’ll want to add over the years but this should get you started.
Did we miss anything? What would you include in your homeowner tool box?