Despite the bad weather and poor economic predictions, January's new home sales reached its highest level in more than 5 years!
confidence remains stable, home prices are increasing as inventory
decreases and interest rates remain at historic lows.
predicted a 6% drop in new home sales for January and were pleasantly
surprised to see the increase especially after some brutal snow and ice
storms kept many people home.
The south experienced a
10% increase in new home sales. See the chart below for more detail on
the rise and fall of home sales and the upward trend we are pleased to
Friday, February 21, 2014
Here are a few tips:
- Use your dishwasher! It takes less water to run the dishwasher than wash by hand. Make your dishwasher more efficient by running full loads then let the dishes air dry instead of using the dry setting on your dishwasher.
- When washing and drying clothes, make sure you always clean the lint trap in your dryer. Dry consecutive loads to take advantage of built up heat from the previous load.
- Lower your thermostat at night and during the day when you aren't home. Reverse your ceiling fans to help circulate warm air from near the ceiling.
- Check the temperature on your water heater. Lowering this temperature a few degrees can help save on energy costs.
- Allow foods to cool before putting them in your refrigerator. Putting warm or hot items in the refrigerator cause it to work harder to maintain a cool temperature.
- Replace regular light bulbs with more energy efficient LED or CFL bulbs
What do you do to keep energy costs low?
Posted by RESH Marketing at 7:46 AM
Friday, February 14, 2014
The winter Olympic games have begun and in honor of this event here are some ideas on hosting your own Olympic themed viewing party! You don't have to be at the games to really get into the spirit. Let these snack ideas inspire your Olympic-sized ambitions!
The Olympic Torch
Fill ice cream cones with cheddar flavored popcorn.
Use Golden Oreos and roll out fruit snacks
Give cups of hot chocolate a dusting of colored sanding sugars for a real Olympic treat!
What ideas do you have for hosting an Olympic-themed party?
Posted by RESH Marketing at 9:40 AM