Carpet is an often overlooked but important aspect of your home's style. Stained or dirty carpet can set the wrong tone for your home and with some usual maintenance can be avoided. Here are a few tips to keep your carpet looking new!
1. Use mats outside and inside of your doors to prevent some dirt from coming in. This is a first line of defense for carpet care. Try to remove shoes when indoors.
2. Vacuum high traffic areas daily and all other areas on a weekly schedule. Vacuuming prevents ground in dirt from cutting and tearing at the carpet fibers. Take your time and make sure each area is cleaned thoroughly.
3. If you notice a piece of the carpet coming loose or unraveling - do not pull! Clip with scissors to remove.
4. UV rays from sunshine can distort the color of your carpet and prematurely age the carpet. Close your blinds when leaving home for the day.
5. Stains happen but it's important to react quickly. Blot the stain to remove as much as possible. If a chemical spot remover is needed follow instructions carefully.